The Ultimate Guide to Obagi Moisturisers
Obagi Produce a range of leading moisturisers for a varying skin types and concerns. If you are looking for a new moisturiser, it’s not always easy to find the right one for your skin. In this article we explore the best moisturisers to achieve your specific skin goals. Whether that be, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, improve skin tone or simply to rejuvenate your skin, Obagi have a number of moisturisers you can choose from.
The top 5 we recommend
- Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturizer is known for being a lightweight moisturiser that is perfect if you have dry skin. Containing cirtic acid it hydrates the skin without it feeling heavy or greasy. Additionally, it is designed to last all day meaning your skin will feel smoother for longer and is suitable for all skin types.
- Obagi Hydrate Luxe Moisture Rich Cream has been one of Obagi Medical’s most popular moisturisers for a number of years and is used as an overnight moisturiser to help your skin replenish while you sleep. Ideal for people with dry dehydrated skin but also helps people with oily skin balance oil production that needs additional care during the night.
- Obagi 360 HydraFactor SPF30 can be classed as a dual function moisturiser. This is because it moisturises your skin but additionally protects it from the harmful UVA and UVB rays emitted by the sun. Best suited to dry skin this moisturiser is great for people who want to fend off the potential damage caused by sun damage.
- OBAGI-C Fx Therapy Night Cream is another nighttime moisturiser that packs a punch. Containing a blend of Arbutin, Vitamin C and Vitamin E it is designed to brighten the skin and repair signs skin of aging. Suitable for all skin types it’s the ideal moisturiser for people wanting to hydrate their skin and improver their skin tone at the same time.
- Obagi Daily Hydro-Drops® Facial Serum as the name suggests is actually a serum that will moisturise your skin as well as provide it with vitamin B3, Abyssinian Oil, and Hibiscus oil to leave your skin with a radiant, smooth finish. Its powerful hydrating properties keep the moisture your skin needs locked in and its suitable for all skin types.
The Obagi range of moisturisers are all designed to help you achieve your skin goals in a safe clinically proven way. With so many options to choose from, finding the right moisturiser for your specific skin type is now much easier.
The benefits of using moisturisers
Moisturisers offer a whole host of benefits to your skin and here are some of the main ones:
- Hydration: This is the very essence of what a moisturiser is designed to do and by hydrating your you’re your skin will look smoother and more radiant.
- Prevention of Dryness: Many people with dry skin concerns hate it when a breakout happens but when you use a daily moisturiser you reduce this risk. This is because the moisturiser helps create a barrier between your skin which locks in moisture to stop it becoming dry.
- Reduced Irritation: When skin is dry its more likely to become irritated and sensitive. Moisturiser helps sooth dry skin and give it back the moisture it deserves.
- Anti-Aging: Well hydrated skin generally looks more youthful and healthy. This in turn helps your skin look younger and even better, the moisture helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles making it a perfect anti-aging treatment as part of your skincare routine.
- Balancing Skin: Using moisturiser on oily skin can in fact help your skin to balance the production of oil and reduce the number of breakouts you have. If this sounds like you then make sure that the moisturiser is suitable for oily skin, one in particular we recommend is Obagi Hydrate Luxe Moisture rich cream.
- Protection: Moisturisers that contain SPF such as Obagi 360 HydraFactor SPF30 give your skin an extra defence barrier against the Sun’s damaging UVA and UVB rays.
- Improved Skin Texture: By using a moisturiser on a regular basis you will notice that the overall texture of your skin has improved.
- Enhanced Product Absorption: If you have a full skincare routine then what you will find is that you’re your skin is well moisturised, it absorbs other products more effectively. This means faster results when using serums and allows them to work at their full potential to give you the best results.
- Makeup Application: Appling makeup is not easy on dry skin, well hydrated skin provides a smoother base for makeup and you will notice that when using a moisturiser on a regular basis, makeup products such as foundation are easier to apply.
It is however important to remember here that not all moisturisers are created equal and the best moisturiser for you will depend on your skin type. We highly recommend that when using a moisturiser for the first time to always read the product label and if unsure which one might work for you then speak to us today.
How to get the best results from your moisturiser?
To get the best results from your moisturiser there are a few things that you should consider before you use one. For the very best results we recommend the following:
- Clean your skin: Clean skin will absorb the moisture better and removed any unwanted dirt that may have built up throughout the night or day.
- Exfoliate your skin: This shouldn’t be done daily, only occasionally (2 weeks apart) as part of a well-balanced skincare routine. What you will notice when you do so is that by removing the dead skin cells the moisturiser will penetrate the skin better and give you better looking skin.
- Use a Toner: This is not essential however when used after you have cleansed and before you moisturise it will help balance your skins pH and prepare it for even better moisture absorption.
- Dampen Skin: When your skin is damp, it is in its best possible state to effectively absorb your moisturiser.
- Use the Right Amount: Only use a pea-sized amount of moisturiser to start with. Over moisturising is just as bad as not moisturising at all especially for oily skin types. You want your skin to feel hydrated, not greasy!
- Gently Apply: Rubbing in the moisturiser roughly will not help your skin. You should gently apply it in an even manner making sure to use upward and outward motions for the best results.
- Wait Before Applying Makeup: Give your skin time to absorb the moisturiser before you apply any makeup. This will help your skin create a smooth canvas for applying the makeup while protecting your skin at the same time.
- AM/PM Skincare Routine: some moisturisers are designed for daytime and help protect your skin from free radicals while others are for nighttime when you rest. For the best results, using a daytime and nighttime moisturiser will give you the best chance of younger looking skin.
- Be consistent: Like most things in life, when you are consistent with something, you get better results. Your skincare routine is no different. When done regularly, preferably on a daily basis a good Obagi moisturiser will help combat the signs of early aging.
Where to order Obagi Moisturisers?
The products listed in this article are all available to buy today and with free shipping on all of these selected products there’s no better time to order from us. If you have any questions, our customer service team is available to answer your questions. What are you waiting for? Start today and look forward to smoother, moisturised skin today.
Stay in the Loop!
Subscribe to Our Exclusive Newsletter Today for the Latest Skincare Updates, Insights, and Special Offers…